Raffle Quilt Community Partner

March 6, 2010 at 8:35 am Leave a comment

Thanks to a suggestion from a Sisters community member, we have just established a partnership with Kiwanis of Sisters to share the proceeds of our raffle quilt with them.  They do great work in our community and we’re proud to support them.  They will get 25% of the proceeds from raffle ticket sales this year and they’ll help us out with volunteers to sell tickets.  Great for both of us!  The other 75% goes to help pay the expenses of the show.  We’re really excited about being able to help out in the community in this way.  We haven’t yet decided if we’ll always work with Kiwanis or partner with a different group every year, but we’ll definitely be doing this from now on.

The quilt was designed by June Jaeger of Log Cabin Quiltworks and its called “Timeless”.  its 90″ x 96″ – great for a queen bed.  You can buy raffle tickets on our website, in person at the Stitchin’ Post or on Quilt Show day right up until the drawing at 4:00.  There will be a pattern and kit for the center panel too!

Tammy (our Events Director) and I have been busy with sponsorships – Tammy pounding the pavement and me pounding the phone and computer keys.  Businesses are responding really well and we will have some great new partnerships to announce very soon.  We really appreciate it when our visitors and followers acknowledge our sponsors – let them know you appreciate what they do for us!  There will be a whole list of them on our website as we get closer to the show.  Couldn’t do it without ’em!

So maybe the highlight of my week was a couple hours of on-camera interview for the documentary.  Probably 60 seconds (gosh I HOPE only 60 seconds, no more!) ends up in the finished product but it was fun to think about my Quilt Show memories of the past 10 years.  She even got me to cry – I’ll bet that makes the final cut.

Clyde (husband, volunteer extraordinaire and IT guy) and I are off to the Oregon Festivals and Events conference today.  Going to learn even more about how to use our social media to stay in touch with y’all.  Sadly, the corgis aren’t going on this trip to the beach.

Entry filed under: 35th Anniversary Documentary, Raffle Quilt. Tags: .

Posters and T-shirts are here!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Archives

Become a Friend of the Show

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 36 other followers

Share This Blog

Bookmark and Share

%d bloggers like this: