Posts filed under ‘Raffle Quilt’
We are trying something new for 2011 – we’ve just announced a design contest for next year’s raffle quilt. The details of the Raffle Quilt Design Contest are on our website. Beginning with the end in mind, the winner will receive a free Quilters Affair (one-day) class and two tickets to the picnic in the park dinner on Friday night. They also get their name on the pattern that the Stitchin’ Post will sell. We have selected the Tree of Life (or Pine Tree) pattern or block as the basis of the quilt. In a quick Google search I found alot of different interpretations, including some VERY interesting ones based on an applique pattern. All are fair game! We also want the quilt to incorporate a theme of renewal or regeneration. Shouldn’t be too hard with a tree theme – right? Some of my favorite Tree of Life patterns are on this page – the applique ones!
Sally Sundsten, our designer (her business is Ideas to Inks – cool name, huh?), has just finished the design for this year’s Around the Block Fiber Arts Stroll & Quilt Walk poster. We try to incorporate bits and pieces of images from all the artists who will be in the art stroll. If you’re one of them – I hope you can find a little snippet of your work in the finished poster. I realize this image is pretty small. We’ll post it on the Fiber Arts Stroll website in April when we announce this year’s artists.
S’all for now – gotta go feed the corgis.
Thanks to a suggestion from a Sisters community member, we have just established a partnership with Kiwanis of Sisters to share the proceeds of our raffle quilt with them. They do great work in our community and we’re proud to support them. They will get 25% of the proceeds from raffle ticket sales this year and they’ll help us out with volunteers to sell tickets. Great for both of us! The other 75% goes to help pay the expenses of the show. We’re really excited about being able to help out in the community in this way. We haven’t yet decided if we’ll always work with Kiwanis or partner with a different group every year, but we’ll definitely be doing this from now on.
The quilt was designed by June Jaeger of Log Cabin Quiltworks and its called “Timeless”. its 90″ x 96″ – great for a queen bed. You can buy raffle tickets on our website, in person at the Stitchin’ Post or on Quilt Show day right up until the drawing at 4:00. There will be a pattern and kit for the center panel too!
Tammy (our Events Director) and I have been busy with sponsorships – Tammy pounding the pavement and me pounding the phone and computer keys. Businesses are responding really well and we will have some great new partnerships to announce very soon. We really appreciate it when our visitors and followers acknowledge our sponsors – let them know you appreciate what they do for us! There will be a whole list of them on our website as we get closer to the show. Couldn’t do it without ‘em!
So maybe the highlight of my week was a couple hours of on-camera interview for the documentary. Probably 60 seconds (gosh I HOPE only 60 seconds, no more!) ends up in the finished product but it was fun to think about my Quilt Show memories of the past 10 years. She even got me to cry – I’ll bet that makes the final cut.
Clyde (husband, volunteer extraordinaire and IT guy) and I are off to the Oregon Festivals and Events conference today. Going to learn even more about how to use our social media to stay in touch with y’all. Sadly, the corgis aren’t going on this trip to the beach.